4.03.2012

MARK REALE



I wanted to write some words for Mark, who left so unexpectedly, at least for the majority of fans who were not aware of his lifelong struggle with his health problems. There were only few people like Mark. People who have the gift to create great music, who keep going on inspite of never gaining the recognition deserved and most of all people who don't act like rock stars despite the countless years spent on the road playing music in front of thousands. Mark, if you had the chance to watch him play live, was a musician who enjoyed his music to the maximum and transferred this emotion to his fans.



Have you ever tried to count how many metal anthems Mark wrote? I'll only remind you of a few, because otherwise this page couldn't possibly load!

Outlaw:


You burn in me:


Fight or fall:


Storming the gates of hell:


Should I run:


What's sad to me, is the fact that Mark left just at the time when he could enjoy some well earned praise and recognition with the reunited line up of Riot's ''Thundersteel'' era. Unfortunately he had no more strength left in him to participate in one of the most highly expected albums of the last years, and he passed away just a short time after its release. I'd like to see him one more time playing his music for his fans who loved him so much. If I believed in God I would ask him to rest Mark's weary soul. He will never be forgotten while some ''stars'' will fade into oblivion.

No comments:

Post a Comment